Gumbo Galore at Splashway!
Whip Up Your Best Batch and Win Big!
Calling all gumbo gurus, seasoned chefs, and anyone who loves a good pot of Louisiana stew! Splashway Campground, Texas’s Best Family Destination, is about to get spicy with our Gumbo Cook-Off! Mark your calendars for Saturday, February 10, 2024 and get ready to simmer up your family secrets and compete for some seriously delicious prizes.
Show Off Your Skills in Two Flavorful Categories:
- Seafood Sensation: Unleash your inner ocean wizard with a gumbo packed with the bounty of the sea. Whether it’s shrimp, crab, crawfish, or a secret blend of seafood treasures, let your flavors sing!
- Landlocked Delights: Prove that landlubbers can cook too! Show off your skills with a hearty non-seafood gumbo filled with savory chicken, sausage, vegetables, and the perfect blend of spices.
Top the Charts and Claim Your Trophy:
- First, Second, and Third Place in Each Category: Impress the judges with your flavor, texture, and overall gumbo goodness. Each top dog in both Seafood and Non-Seafood categories will walk away with a Splashway Gift Card and a champion’s trophy!
- Grand Champion Gumbo Glory: One lucky chef will rise above the rest and be crowned the Grand Champion! This culinary kingpin wins a bigger Splashway Gift Card and an extra-special trophy to brag about all season long.
Even More Sweet Rewards:
- Top 10 Recognition: Don’t worry, if you don’t reach the top three, your creation won’t go unnoticed! The top 10 gumbos in each category will be proudly displayed on the final table, earning you bragging rights and plenty of taste-testers.
All this for just $20 per entry! That’s a small price to pay for a chance to win big, showcase your culinary prowess, and be part of Splashway’s sizzling-hot event.
So grab your roux, crank up the heat, and get ready to Pardi in the kitchen! This Gumbo Cook-Off is going to be one for the books.
Register for the Splashway Gumbo Cook-Off today!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for February 10th and come hungry! We can’t wait to see what you cook up!
#SplashwayGumbo #GumboCookOff #SeafoodSensation #LandlockedDelights #FamilyFun #TexasBest
P.S. Don’t forget your dancing shoes! After the winners are crowned, stick around for some live music and Cajun-style revelry.
Rules & Details
- Must be camping with us to enter.
- Gumbo Must be cooked at campsite
- Gumbo will be judged on:
- You can begin cooking Roux at 12am the day of the competition.
- Roux must be made “from scratch” on site – no commercial roux mixes allowed.
- Poultry, meat and seafood ingredients for gumbo may be prepared in advance.
- Seafood Gumbo may contain other non seafood ingredients including meats.
- Non-Seafood Gumbo cannot contain any seafood or shellfish ingredients.
- Broth or stock may be prepared in advance. Canned/commercial broth may be used.
- Rice may be prepared in advance.
- Gumbo Turn In is at 5pm next to the Hideaway Stage on Saturday.
- Judging bowls will be distributed upon check in with a ticket taped to the bottom and a matching ticket in the bowl. Bowl will be pre-labeled for seafood or non-seafood. Splashway issued bowl and lid must be used for turn-in with the original ticket taped to the bottom. Keep the extra ticket as this is how we will announce the winner. Please fill 3/4 of the bowl with gumbo. Please do not fill to the top.
- You can participate in both categories (seafood and non-seafood) but two separate entry fees are required.
- We will announce the top 3 winners in each category and one Grand Champion overall at 8pm at the Hideaway Stage. The Grand Champion will not be listed in the top 3 of any category as they are the overall grand prize winner.
- We will post the top 10 winners in each category next to the stage at the Hideaway.