What to Pack for Your Trip to Splashway Campground
You’ve booked your family camping trip to Splashway Campground, but you’re not all set just yet! While we’ve taken care of all the fun and planning during your stay, there are just a few things you need to do to prepare for your trip. Here are some things you may want to do before you trip and helpful packing tips so nothing gets left behind!
What to Pack
- Sunscreen – Helpful any time of year, sunscreen is a must for any Texas camping trip!
- Bug Spray – Skip the scratching and pack the spray!
- Bottled Water – Stay hydrated during your stay by packing some bottled water!
- Foil & Paper Towels – Planning to cook by the campfire? These are a must for easy cleanup!
- Fishing Poles – For catch and release fishing on our fully stocked pond!
- Tennis Shoes & Bikes – You’ll want these for our new hiking and biking trails!
- Splash Cash Band – Bring your old band back and reload it for your trip again and again!
- Cooking Tools – If you’re staying in a Cabin or Cottage, make sure to review what tools are provided so you have everything you need for your family meals by the campfire!
What to Buy On-Site
You don’t have to pack it all, we’ve got you covered in more areas than you think! Here are some things you should save trunk space on and just get when you’re here.
- Firewood – We have bundles available for purchase in the Camp Store!
- Coffee – The Hideaway Express serves up artisan coffee just the way you like it!
- Splashway Souvenirs – Because you can’t find them anywhere else!
- Golf Carts – You are welcome to bring your own, but we also have them available for rent!
- Food – Dinner at The Hideaway is a can’t-miss! The Hideaway Express also offers freshly made breakfast and treats to go with your coffee!
Pro Tip: Book In Advance
If you’ve never stayed at Splashway Campground before, you may be wondering how early you need to book your stay. We recommend as early as possible or at least 6-8 weeks in advance, especially during our most popular season – summer. Our camping season events are gaining popularity with every year so we recommend booking at least 4-6 weeks in advance for any of our special events to guarantee your campsite.
May 21, 2023
February 20, 2023
February 08, 2023
May 21, 2023
January 05, 2023
November 09, 2021