Splashway Waterpark & Campground has always prided itself on being a clean, safe place to bring your family. The waterpark is currently closed, but the campgrounds remain open for business with some limitations. With the COVID-19 pandemic, your family’s safety remains a top priority and measures of remaining extremely clean have only increased. We have a strict routine in the use of disinfecting chemicals in all of our community areas including lodging facilities, restrooms, playgrounds, activity areas, and our camp store. Since the first case was identified in Texas, we’ve also taken the following additional efforts in the campgrounds:
- Installed hand sanitizers and signage at entry locations to community areas
- Installed mobile hand washing stations at each playground and the pond area
- Added signage to restrooms encouraging guests to properly wash hands
- Increased frequency of sanitizing common areas and touch points including doorknobs, faucets, counters, etc.
- Increased frequency of restocking restrooms with hand soap and paper towels
- Increased number of cleaning staff
- Provided all team members with equipment and sanitizing agents to do their job safely
- Directed the Splashway team to stay home if showing signs of illness, including cold
In addition to the above measures, Splashway has eliminated all close contact activities. Our amenities that allow guests to spread out, like kayaking, fishing, pedal carts, and others will be available as of now to our campground guests. We will also be monitoring and limiting the number of people who can use amenities and enter the Camp Store at one time.
Finally, we ask that all of our guests visiting our facility use common sense and good hygiene practices. We recommend the following:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly using soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer where provided before entering public areas.
- Keep a reasonable distance from others when interacting as to avoid respiratory transfer should someone cough.
- When coughing, cough into the pocket of your elbow.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Teach your children to do the same.
- And, finally, ENJOY THE OUTDOORS!
It is strongly recommended that, when onsite, any group gatherings be limited to 10 people or fewer and, when possible, maintain a 6-foot distance between individuals. Fortunately, Splashway Campground has over 65 acres for your family to spread out and enjoy the great outdoors, fishing, kayaking, volleyball, hiking, mini-golf, and many other activities. We have no reason to suspend your camping vacation and we encourage you to enjoy yourself by social distancing in the great outdoors while here.
As we near the summer season, you may have questions regarding the waterpark…
The Splashway Waterpark season is not scheduled to begin until May and, as information changes frequently, it is premature at this time to suggest an opening date. You can anticipate a statement on the summer season sometime later in April and we ask that you please wait until closer to May before adjusting your summer reservations for the waterpark season.
Splashway considers this to be an ongoing effort that will be modified as new information is released. We are working closely with our local emergency health organizations to ensure we are following all guidelines put in place for the safety of our guests, our community, and our country.
Rest assured we are doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, keep both our staff and guests safe, and monitor the ongoing changes to the protocol. While we are incredibly sensitive to this matter, we understand that you may already be thinking about your next booking. Of course, we are here to assist you however you need and look forward to helping you book your next getaway. Our reservations office is currently open from 8:30am to 5:00pm but, for your convenience, we encourage you to book online or reach out via our website chat for further assistance in booking. We hope you and your family are staying safe and Splashway will remain dedicated to assisting you because, now more than ever, WE ARE FAMILY.
If you have further questions regarding Splashway’s practices or policies, please feel free to contact us. Visit the US Government website of the Center for Disease Control for the latest updates on the COVID-19.
Last Updated: 3/24/20 at 2:44pm